Larry S. Lazarus
206 E. Virginia Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
Phone: (602) 340-0900
Fax: (602) 340-8955
- Environmental Law
- Land Use Planning,
Zoning and Development Law
- Government Regulation
- Administrative Law
- Land Use Infrastructure Financing
- J.D., Drake University School of Law, 1971
- B.A., University of Iowa, 1968
- Arizona, 1979
- Illnois, (Inactive) 1971
- Iowa, (Inactive) 1971
Mr. Lazarus has lived and worked in the Phoenix metropolitan area for over 30 years, during which time he has earned the reputation of being one of Arizona's most talented and well-respected land use attorneys. His success is due, not only to his promotion of sound land use principles and good public policy, but to the basic respect he shows to people from all walks of life. In 1979 he was chairman of the Urban Form Directions for the City of Phoenix and was significantly responsible for establishing the Village Concept Plan - the most comprehensive set of land use policies of its kind in the state at that time and even today.
Mr. Lazarus has been a driving force in appropriate, well-planned development, from high-rise office buildings to planned residential developments, from light industrial buildings to community centers, resorts, golf courses and other recreational facilities, from downtown high-rise luxury condominiums to downtown work-force housing, from urban in-fill redevelopment to development of Native American community properties. Mr. Lazarus has had experience entitling utility scale renewable energy facilities and is the co-author of legislation allowing for the creation of renewable energy incentive districts.
He has published numerous articles and has lectured on land use, planning, development, design and community involvement in the planning process on local and national levels. He has worked in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Nevada.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Planning Association and North Central Arizona Chapter, Member
- Chairman of the Board of Directors; Executive Committee of Banner Health Systems, Member
- Greater Phoenix Economic Council, Member
- Greater Phoenix Leadership, Member and Past Legal Counsel
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Phoenix Community Alliance, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Frank Lloyd Wright Society, Founding Member
- Anti-Defamation League, State of Arizona and Southwest Region
- ASU College of Architecture Council for Design Excellence
- Samaritan Health Systems
- Easter Seals
- Valley Forward
- Mr. Lazarus is an AV Preeminent rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell.
- 2006 Recipient of Anti-Defamation League's Jerry J. Wisotsky "Torch of Liberty Award"
- 1999 Recipient of Anti-Defamation League's "Leaders of Distinction Award"
- 2009 - Honored as a "Legend of Law" by Arizona Commercial Executive Magazine
- Listed, "Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers", Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed, "The Best Lawyer's in America"
- Listed, "Top 1000 People to Know", AZ Real Estate Magazine
- Listed, "Top Lawyers" in Arizona, Phoenix Magazine
- Listed, "Top 100 Influential People" in Arizona, Phoenix Business Journal, 25th Anniversary Edition
- Listed, "Top Six (6) Zoning Attorneys in Arizona", Phoenix Business Journal
- Listed, "Super Lawyers", 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016